New Delhi, August 18: The Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) of the Delhi government arrested former Delhi Water Minister Satyendar Kumar Jain, former Delhi Jal Board CEO Udit Prakash Rai and four others on Tuesday in connection with an alleged corruption and criminal conspiracy case involving tenders for augmentation and upgradation of sewage treatment plants (STPs) of the Delhi Jal Board.
The other accused arrested are Ankit Srivastava, a former contractual consultant with the Delhi Jal Board; Nagendra Yadav, proprietor of M/s AN Enterprises; Raja Kumar Kurra, owner of M/s Euroteck Environment Pvt. Ltd.; and Pankaj Verma, proprietor of M/s Srijanhar, according to an ACB press release.
The arrests were made in connection with FIR No. 10/2024, registered on May 11, 2024, at the Anti-Corruption Branch police station under Sections 7, 7A, 9 and 13 of the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988, as amended in 2018, read with Sections 420, 409, 418 and 120-B of the IPC.
The case was registered following a complaint from the Directorate of Vigilance, GNCTD, alleging large-scale irregularities, manipulation of tender conditions and criminal conspiracy in the tendering process for augmentation and upgradation of DJB sewage treatment plants.
According to the ACB, its investigation found that the tendering process allegedly contained restrictive technical specifications and conditions favouring M/s Euroteck Environment Pvt. Ltd., thereby restricting competition and providing an undue advantage to a selected private entity.
The agency alleged that a proposed pilot study was not conducted, restrictive conditions concerning the technology and media to be used were included, essential parameters relating to treated effluent were excluded and technical specifications were changed, resulting in significant financial implications for the government exchequer.
The ACB further alleged that private individuals were in regular communication with certain public servants and intermediaries to manipulate the tender process. Analysis of electronic evidence allegedly showed the exchange of restrictive tender conditions, corrigendums and other tender-related documents that were subsequently incorporated into the tender notice for the STP project issued by the DJB.
The agency said this indicated an alleged nexus between private individuals and public functionaries to influence tender conditions in favour of a particular technology provider.
The financial investigation also allegedly revealed the flow of funds as commission or bribes through intermediary entities M/s Srijanhar and M/s AN Enterprises. According to the ACB, substantial amounts were transferred to Nagendra Yadav’s proprietorship concern from entities connected with the private technology provider, followed by transactions involving government officials and their relatives.
The ACB alleged that Udit Prakash Rai, while serving as CEO of the Delhi Jal Board, received ₹1.52 crore in his and his relatives’ bank accounts through banking channels from M/s AN Enterprises. The agency claimed the money was subsequently used to purchase immovable property and that the funds had been transferred to M/s AN Enterprises from M/s Euroteck, the technology provider.
Investigators also allegedly found communications between Raja Kumar Kurra, Nagendra Yadav and Ankit Srivastava concerning meetings, tender conditions, corrigendums and other matters linked to the STP tender. The ACB said its investigation indicated that certain restrictive conditions were introduced or modified in a manner favouring M/s Euroteck Environment Pvt. Ltd.
The agency said it is continuing to examine the complete money trail and the alleged proceeds involved in the case. All six accused were interrogated and arrested on August 18 on the basis of material collected during the investigation, the ACB said.

